USB DVI KVM Switch, 4-, 8-, and 16-Port
Control up to 16 single link DVI-enabled USB computers from one USB keyboard, USB mouse and DVI monitor.
Also known as: USB DVI KVM switch, multi-port KVM switch for DVI Flat Planel Display Monitors, keyboard DVI monitor mouse switch
UNIMUX-DVI-8RS (Front & Back)
Features & Applications
|The UNIMUX™ USB DVI KVM switch allows you to control up to 16 single link DVI enabled computers with one DVI monitor, USB keyboard and USB mouse.
- Incorporates NTI's patented true autoboot USB switching - all attached USB PCs, SUNs and MACs can be booted simultaneously.
- Up to 1900x1200 video resolution.
- Supports DVI interface for crisp and clear video quality on Flat Panel Display.
- Uses single link HDMI connectors.
- Fully compliant with USB (1.0, 1.1) standards.
- USB SUN start-up keys are supported.
- Supports MAC soft (keyboard) power-on.
- SUN extra keys are emulated on USB keyboards with Windows keyboard layouts.
- Front-panel push button for channel selection.
- LED indicators on switch show which port is active.
- Fits into 1 RU with supplied rackmount kit.
- Available with optional RS232 Control.
- Female HDMI-A connectors.
- Female USB Type B connectors.
- DVI enabled PC, MAC and SUN computers.
- PCs with USB-enabled OS (Win 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista) and USB ports.
- PCs with USB-enabled BIOS (legacy USB support) and USB ports.
- Supports crisp and clear video resolution up to 1900x1200.
- Female HDMI-A connector.
- Female USB Type A connector.
- Compatible with most USB mice, including USB IntelliMouse®.
- Mouse is hot-pluggable.
- 110 or 220 VAC at 50 or 60 Hz via AC adapter (supplied).
- Power consumption: 5W
- Female USB Type A connector.
- Compatible with most USB keyboards.
- Keyboard is hot-pluggable.
- Supports SUN and MAC extra keys.
- Interface cables between your computers and the switch are required for proper operation. Use DVI-HDMI-xx-MM and USB-AB-xM to connect computers to the switch.
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 100°F (0°C to 38°C).
- Storage temperature: -20°F to 140°F (-30°C to 60°C).
- Operating and Storage Relative Humidity: 17 to 90% non-condensing RH.
Built-in Control Methods
Front Panel Interface
- LEDs indicate currently selected port and mode of operation.
- Hold in any button for more than five seconds to go into Scan, Broadcast or Command Mode.
- In Normal Operating Mode, the user can directly operate the selected computer with transparent presence of the NTI switch.
- Scan Mode automatically and sequentially displays the video from each powered on computer for 2-255 seconds.
- Broadcast Mode allows the user's keystrokes to be sent to both powered on computers. (Broadcast Mode is not available for MACs.)
- Command Mode allows the user to give instructions to the switch through his/her keyboard. Keystrokes are not passed to the computer.
- Scan or Command Modes are available from the keyboard using hot keys.
- Use the keyboard to command the switch box to select ports or configure the Scan delay.
- Type <Ctrl>+<`> (or <Compose>+<`>) to go into Command Mode.
- Press <Esc> to leave Command Mode and return to Normal or Scan Mode.
RS232 Control Method (Optional)
- RJ45 connector.
- Baud rate 2400, 9600, 19200, or 38400.
- Use DIP switches to address up to 15 units, all of which can be daisy-chained and controlled by one serial port.
- RS - causes switch to reset so that IN1 connects to OUT1.
- CS - causes one INx/OUTx connection to occur.
- RO - reads what input is connected to specified output.
- RU - reads size of matrix, reports number of inputs and number of outputs on specified switch.