DVI Extender via Multimode Fiber Optic Cable
Extend a single link digital DVI display up to 3,280 feet (1,000 meters).
Also known as: DVI Optical Extension, DVI-D extender, DVI digital to multimode fiber,
optical extender, graphic extension modules, fiber optic digital video extender, balun.
ST-FODVI-LC Reciever* (Front & Back)
*The transmitter looks the
same as the receiver
Compatible Fiber Optic Cable
Features & Applications
|The XTENDEX® ST-FODVI-LC DVI Extender via Multimode Fiber Optic Cable locates a single link digital DVI display up to 3,280 feet (1,000 meters) away from a computer using fiber optic cable. Each extender consists of a transmitter that connects to a computer and a receiver that connects to a monitor.
- Signal transmission via four strand multimode LC fiber optic cable — no RF interference.
- EDID learning for the support of any DVI display device.
- Supports computer resolutions to 1920x1200.
- Small form factor — allowing for easy connection and placement.
- Cables can be installed in conduit prior to extender installation.
The DVI Optical Extender is the ideal solution for a wide range of applications. Examples include:
- No software to install.
- RGB and Clock signals are transmitted separately by multimode optical fiber.
- Remote DVI display monitoring for medical, military, aerospace, industrial and traffic control applications.
- Digital Flat Panel Displays (FPD), Plasma Display Panels (PDP) and projectors in conference rooms and auditoriums.
- Kiosks with digital FPDs.
- Color LED signboards, FPDs and PDPs for information display at stadiums.
- Resolution: maximum up to 1920x1200 at distances up to 1,000 meters (3,280 ft).
- Connectors (for transmitter and receiver): One male DVI-D dual link connector and two duplex LC connectors.
- Optical source: 850nm VCSEL.
- PIN photo diode optical receiver.
- Compliant with DDWG DVI standard.
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C).
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C).
- Use a FIBER-2D-LCLC-50-xxM (2 duplex multimode LC 50-micron) multimode fiber optic cable to extend the receiver for the transmitter up to 3,280 feet (not included).
- 100 to 240 VAC at 50 or 60 Hz via AC adapter.