DVI-D Dual Link Extender via Fiber Optic Cable
Extend a dual link digital DVI display up to 330 feet.
Also known as: DVI Optical Extension, DVI-D dual link extender, DVI digital to multimode fiber,
optical extender, fiber optic digital video extender, balun.
Features & Applications
||The XTENDEX® DVI-D Dual Link Extender via Fiber Optic Cable extends a digital flat panel display up to 330 feet away from a DVI-D dual link video source using fiber optic cable. Each DVI optical extender consists of a transmitter that connects to a computer and a receiverthat connects to a monitor.
- Supports single link and dual link by selectable function switcher.
- Supports 2560x1600 QXGA resolution for dual link devices.
- Supports 1920x1200 WUXGA resolution for single link devices.
- Supports HDTV resolutions to 1080p.
- Transmits DVI-D signal over 7-strand multimode LC fiber optic cable.
- Supports two DDC modes.
- Real mode: Uses one CAT5 cable for DDC.
- Emulation: pseudo-DDC detection function for EDID (extended display identification data) information.
Connectors (Transmitter and Receiver)
- One female DVI-I dual link connector.
- One female RJ45 connector
- Eight duplex LC connectors.
- WxDxH (in): 7.1x3.5x1.2 (each – local and remote unit)
- 110 to 220 VAC at 50 or 60 Hz via AC adapter
- Power consumption: 1.5W (each - local and remote unit)
- Operating Temperature: -32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C).
- Storage Temperature: -4 to 158°F (-20 to 70°C).
- Use two FIBER-2D-LCLC-50-xxM (2 duplex LC 50-micron)
multimode fiber optic cables to extend the receiver from the
transmitter up to 330 feet (not included).
- Use one CAT5 cable connected between the transmitter and receiver
for DDC (not included).